Sing doesn’t hit high notes for older audiences

Lakyn Hawks

A koala named Buster Moon owns a theater that has been on the slow side of things since his father died. He loves his theater more than anything else and will do whatever it takes to save it. Nearing foreclosure, he has one last chance to fix his theater by holding the world’s biggest and best singing competition. Out of many people, five contestants are chosen for this performance: an angry mouse, a scared elephant, a nurturing pig, a stealing gorilla, and a punk rock porcupine.  This is story told in Sing, the newest animated movie in theaters.

This movie was released in theaters on December 21, 2016. The director is Garth Jennings. The movie is rated PG (because of mild peril and rude humor) and is in the genres of comedy, musical, and animation. Ninth grader Autumn Jessee says, ”It was a pretty good movie, but they couldn’t of made the plot more predictable.” Children will like the animals and the mayhem and won’t mind the predictable plot. However, adults may not appreciate the movie as much. Compared to other animal based movies such as Zootopia and The Secret Life of Pets, this movie is mediocre at best. It is not a fantastic show for all ages to enjoy, but it is great for the smaller children.