TV shows worth binge watching

There are so many great shows on television and streaming services. Many people binge watch shows that they find interesting.  Here is a list of shows that I believe are worthy of being binge watched. These shows are listed in no particular order.

1. Skins.

Number of Seasons: 7

Genre: Teen Drama

What it’s about: Skins follows different generations of teens finishing school and dealing   with friendships, relationships, drugs, sex, mental illness, dysfunctional families, and death.

Where to watch it: Netflix

1. Shameless.

Number of Seasons: 7 and ongoing

Genre: Drama

What it’s about: This series depicts the dysfunctional family of Frank Gallagher, a single father of six. His kids learn to take care of themselves while he is drunk or in misadventures. The kids deal with life in the South Side projects of Chicago.

Where to watch it: Showtime, Netflix, Hulu

1. The Walking Dead.

Number of Seasons: 7 and ongoing

Genre: Horror Drama

What it’s about: This show follows a group of survivors as they struggle to survive and adapt in a post-apocalyptic world filled with walkers (zombies) and opposing groups of survivors.

Where to watch it: AMC, Netflix

1. Criminal Minds.

Number of Seasons: 12 and ongoing

Genre: Police procedural crime drama

What it’s about: Criminal Minds follows a group of FBI profilers who set about catching various criminals through behavioral profiling.

Where to watch it: CBS, Netflix

1. Freaks and Geeks.

Number of Seasons: 1

Genre: Teen comedy drama

What it’s about: Freaks and Geeks follows a group of high school students facing various social struggles.

Where to watch it: Netflix

1. Sherlock.

Number of Seasons: 4 and ongoing

Genre: Crime drama

What it’s about: This series follows Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as they solve crime in 21st century London.

Where to watch it: PBS, BBC, Netflix

1. Supernatural.

Number of Seasons: 12

Genre: Fantasy horror

What it’s about: This series follows two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, as they follow their father’s footsteps, hunting down evil supernatural creatures and saving innocent people along the way.

Where to watch it: CW, Netflix

1. Stranger Things.

Number of Seasons: 1 and ongoing

Genre: Science fiction horror

What it’s about: Stranger Things follows an investigation into the disappearance of young boy by his friends, older brother, traumatized mother, and local police chief. Along the way, supernatural events occur and a strange girl appears who helps the missing boy’s friends in their search.

Where to watch it: Netflix

1. Orange Is The New Black.

Number of Seasons: 5 and ongoing

Genre: Comedy drama

What it’s about: This series follows Piper Chapman, a public relations executive with a career and fiance when her past catches up her. In her mid-30s she is sentenced to spend fifteen months in a minimum-security prison women’s prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner a decade earlier.

Where to watch it: Netflix

1. Hannibal.

Number of Seasons: 3

Genre: Psychological Thriller Horror

What it’s about: Hannibal focuses on the relationship between FBI special investigator, Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Will’s enemy.

Where to watch it: Hulu, NBC, Amazon

1. Game of Thrones.

Number of Seasons: 7 and ongoing

Genre: Fantasy drama

What it’s about: The show follows nine noble families and their fight for control over the mythical lands of Westeros. A forgotten race returns after being dormant for thousands of years.

Where to watch it: HBO, Amazon

1. The Vampire Diaries.

Number of Seasons: 8

Genre: Supernatural drama

What it’s about: The Vampire Diaries follows Elena Gilbert, Stefan and Damon Salvatore, friends, and enemies. Stefan and Damon Salvatore, return to their home of Mystic Falls, Virginia, after being turned into vampires 145 years prior. Stefan meets and falls in love with Elena, a high school student who greatly resembles the brother’s old lover, Katherine Pierce.. Damon follows his brother to give him the eternity of misery he promised after he forced Damon to become a vampire.

Where to watch it: CW, Netflix

1. Arrow.

Number of Seasons: 5 and ongoing

Genre: Action crime

What it’s about: The series follows billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, who, five years after being stranded on a hostile island, returns home. He is determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow.

Where to watch it: CW, Netflix

1. Teen Wolf.

Number of Seasons: 6

Genre: Teen drama

What it’s about: Teen wolf follows the life of Scott McCall, a teen in high school who is attacked by a werewolf. Scott inherits the curse but also the enemies that come with it.

Where to watch it: MTV

1. Smallville.

Number of Seasons: 10

Genre: Superhero fiction drama

What it’s about: Smallville follows the adventures of Clark Kent in Smallville, Kansas, before he becomes superman. Clark struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good.

Where to watch it: Hulu

1. Dexter

Number of Seasons: 8

Genre: Psychological thriller mystery

What it’s about: Dexter follows a Miami-based blood splatter expert, Dexter Morgan. Dexter isn’t all that he seems be though as he doesn’t just hunt down murders; he kills them too.

Where to watch it: Netflix, Showtime

1. Mr. Robot

Number of Seasons: 2 and ongoing

Genre: Psychological thriller

What it’s about: The show follows a young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and a vigilante hacker by night.

Where to watch it: USA, Amazon

1. American Horror Story

Number of Seasons: 6 and ongoing

Genre: Anthology horror

What it’s about: This series focuses on different characters and locations. These locations include a house with a murderous past, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a freak show, a hotel, and a sinister farmhouse.

Where to watch it: Netflix, Hulu, FX

1. 11.22.63

Number of Seasons: 1

Genre: Science fiction thriller

What it’s about: This miniseries is based on a Stephen King novel about a 21st-century man who is tasked with preventing the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Where to watch it: Hulu

1. The 100

Number of Seasons: 4 and ongoing

Genre: Post-apocalyptic science fiction drama

What it’s about: The series follows a group of 100 teens as they become the first people from a space habitat to return to Earth after a nuclear apocalypse.

Where to watch it: Netflix, Hulu, CW