Trump bombs Syria

Carlin Nguyen

President Donald Trump ordered a barrage of missiles on an airfield in Syria on Thursday evening in response to the chemical bombing by Bashar al-Assad, the president of Syria. Trump ordered the attack after two days of intense deliberations that involved two meetings of his top national security advisers, including one that Mr. Trump conducted from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. The American destroyers were in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea. Fifty-nine tomahawk missiles were fired at Al Shayrat airfield in Syria. The Syrian Army says that the attack by the U.S. only killed six people.

Besides from announcing the attack Thursday evening, Trump also says the chemical attack was very barbaric. The dictator of North Korea, Kim Jung Yoong described this attack with only one word “unforgivable.” Russia has warned US that if they fire one more time, they will fire missiles at the US. Russia, Iran, China, and Syria were against the attack in Syria.

After the bombing on Friday, the world found out the President Trump warned the Russian government about America’s threatening air strikes against Syria. America has also received word that the Russians knew in advance about the Syrian chemical attack that provoked Trump’s order for a missile attack on Syria. Donald Trump’s action in Syria proves that he isn’t in a league with Putin. Putin thinks that the US is going to attack Syria’s capital and blame the destruction on Bashar al-Assad’s forces. “Everyone is getting mad that Trump did what the other presidents wouldn’t do. Trump also kept one of his promises unlike most of our presidents,” said freshman Jakob Remines.