Graham fights off The Scarlet Hurricanes

Allison Hager

On November 3, the Graham G-Men played their last game of the regular season. They faced off against the Scarlet Hurricanes from Marion, a tough team to beat. It was a rainy but good night at Mitchell.

Ten minutes in, Marion had the ball but, fortunately, fumbled it and it was recovered by the Graham G-Men. Senior Ty Gray scored Graham’s first touchdown of the night. No less than three minutes later, Sophomore Devin Lester sprinted down the field to earn Graham a 43-yard touchdown. One minute left in the first quarter, Marion scored their first touchdown. With only nine seconds left, Junior Cameron Allen scored a touchdown. Everybody was all about Allen at Friday’s game. He was the star of the show. It was the end of the first half and the score was 20-7 Graham.

Senior Taymon Cooke made an amazing 60-yard touchdown nine minutes into the second half. Half way through the third quarter, Marion scored their second touchdown. Before the end of the third quarter, Graham scored a three-point conversion. 10 minutes into the fourth quarter Marion scored their third and final touchdown, making the score 30-22. Towards the end of the game it was really close. Marion had the ball again they were so close to scoring but Graham fought back and won. The final score of the night was 30-22 Graham. “It will be a hard game, but I think we will win” said Sophomore Mason Menefee. “We played a good game. There towards the end, I got a little worried, but I knew we were going to pull through” said Sophomore Kayin Carson. Graham’s record for the regular season was 9-1.