Graham scores seven touchdowns in their first playoff game

Allison Hager

Graham made it to the playoffs! On Saturday 11, the Graham G-Men played the Trojans all the way from John Battle. It was the first game of the playoffs and Graham blew the Trojans away.

John Battle had only lost five fumbles throughout their nine regular season games, but in Saturday’s game, they lost four fumbles. Graham took advantage of John Battle’s mistakes throughout the game, and won.

Senior Dante Vineyard dashed through the Trojans to the end zone for a 22-yard touchdown. Senior Emil Curto kicked his first of six extra points for Graham. Less than 30 seconds later, Sophomore Devin Lester scored a 53-yard touchdown against John Battle’s defense to earn Graham a two touchdown lead. At the last possible second in the first quarter, John Battle scored their first and only touchdown of the night.

Coming into the second quarter strong, Junior Cameron Allen made a 15-yard touchdown nine minutes into the quarter. Curto had another great kick. Senior Ty Gray had a seven-yard scoring pass with 13 seconds left on the clock.

By the third quarter Allen and Cooke both scored another touchdown. One of the extra-point kicks by Curto was good, the other not so much. To top it off, the last touchdown of the night was made by Sophomore Issac Dalton, making the final score of the first game of the playoffs for Graham 48-7. “I am very proud of my team, we all did good Saturday but now its time to kick some Grayson County butt,” said Issac Dalton.