Graham pounded Grayson down the field

Allison Hager

On Friday, September 17, Graham played Grayson County for their second game of the playoffs. Everybody was astonished about the game in the first half, that later turned into anger.

To start off the first quarter, Junior Cameron Allen scored Graham a 4-yard touchdown; the extra point kick by Senior Emil Curto was good. Ten minutes into the second quarter, Senior Taymon Cooke caught a 15-yard pass from Allen to score Graham another touchdown.

In the second quarter, Graham scored four touchdowns over the Blue Devils. The first was made by Allen, who had a 38-yard interception return. The next one was made by Sophomore Devin Lester, he made a 18-yard run. The third one was from Sophomore Isaiah Justice, with a 23-yard pass from Allen. Last but not least, Lester made another touchdown, this one was a 29-yard pass from Allen. At the end of halftime the score was 41-0 Graham.

Even though not many touchdowns were made, the third quarter was very eventful. Grayson County did score their first touchdown, but the real matter was Senior Michael Mason. Mason had a bad helmet to helmet blindside hit in the ear after the whistle was blown. During a twenty minute period, Bluefield Virginia Rescue Squad brought out immobilization gear and took Mason off the field on a gurney. His fellow players payed respect and took a knee.

Going into the fourth quarter Graham was fired up. Justice got another touchdown for Graham, but Grayson County scored two touchdowns against Graham’s JV team. The G-Men played a good game, but it was very unfortunate for Michael Mason. The final score was 48-22, Graham. “We played one heck of a game. We were fast and strong but we can do better. I hope Mason is ok,” said Sophomore Kayin Carson. Michael Mason is ok and will play in next Saturday’s game.

football players on field football players on field

1 Comment

One Response to “Graham pounded Grayson down the field”

1. skylar on November 30th, 2017 10:48 AM

ummmmmm september 17th was on a sunday do u mean november 17th

Graham pounded Grayson down the field