Graham takes a bad beating by Union

Graham trying to get the from Union

Graham trying to get the from Union

Graham trying to get the from Union

Allison Hager

On Saturday, September 25, The Graham G-Men traveled to Big Stone Gap to face off against the Union Bears. It was the third round of the playoffs and Graham was ready win. It was packed. Union’s side had half of the town there, and on Graham’s side the stands were so full you couldn’t move. It was an intense first half. Yes, Union scored seventeen touchdowns in the 1st and 2nd quarter but Graham fans were hopeful. Half of the crowd stood on their feet until halftime because it was so fascinating and frustrating at the same time.

In the first quarter, Union scored one touchdown and a kick eight minutes in. In the second quarter, the Bears scored another touchdown and a field goal to make the score 17-0 at halftime. Graham fans still had some hope left that the G-Men would come back and win.

By the third quarter, the G-Men were ready to fight, to win. On the first drive of the third quarter, Junior Cameron Allen threw a pass to Sophomore Isaiah Justice; it bounced off of Justice’s hands and went right into the hands of a Bear. Almost all Graham fans lost hope then and there. The score was 24-0, it would have taken a miracle to come back and win after that.

In the last and final quarter of the game, Union scored one more touchdown and one more kick. They also attempted to kick another field goal but didn’t succeed. The devastating final score of Graham’s last game of the 2017 was 37-0. Sophomore Jacob Hounshell said “It’s getting cold out there, I think it’s time for some bears to hibernate.” Graham ended up with a 11-2 record for this seasons games.