TCCTC smashes a fun day

A.J. Hall

The Tazewell County Career and Technical Center had a fun day on the first of December. The fun day was planned, organized, and put in action by the Skills USA officers of Tazewell. The activities of the Fun Day were a car smashing event, free food, a C.O.D tournament, a ball tossing activity, basketball, tug-of-war, and football just to name a few.
Nathaniel Slusher was one of the people that was there. Nathaniel enrolled at the center for Collision Repair for cars. “This Fun Day was a great idea in all honesty. My favorite part of today was the whole free food. While the deer meat was good, I prefered the chicken and hotdogs. The Call of Duty tournament was also very fun to do.” Nathaniel said when asked about the activities. Nathaniel placed fourth in the C.O.D tournament and was the first one to complete the form for free food.
Caleb Luckheart is another student that goes to TCCTC. This is his second year at TCCTC and he studies Robotics and Engenering as well as the CADD program they offer. CADD stands for Computer assisted Drafting and Design. “I didn’t necessarily have a ‘favorite part’ of the day. In all honesty, I didn’t care about any of the events that were here. The only real fun part about this day is the C.O.D tournament. I genuinely only came for the free food.” Caleb said, indifferently.
Overall, this day was a great idea. It allowed students to get away from their classes and have fun for some of the day. It also allowed the teachers to get a break from the students. There should be more fun days in the future because it gives the students a chance to relax and take a little break from the stresses of the school day and it also gives the students a chance to feel like they’re part of the community, which is what Skills USA really wants to get across.