Lily Comer releases single on iTunes

Wesley Short

Lily Comer, a sophomore here at Graham High School, has been pursuing a career in music for a long while. She recently released her new single, “No Choice” on iTunes and Google Play for 99 cents. Lily showcases her beautiful, sustained vocals and piano playing in this strong piece. After its release the day after Christmas, it has captured the hearts of students at Graham. I talked with Lily about her career and the making of the song.

Lily began pursuing music roughly three years ago. She claims her father gave her much of the inspiration to engage in it. “My dad always played guitar and was in a band. I’ve always wanted to do something like that.” She claims the styles of the late Etta James and Jana Kramer influenced her. “Country/blues artists influenced me a lot. That’s the style I want to go into making.”

Lily says she was very excited and pleased with the turnout. “I’m very excited about it. I love it.” She recorded it with her music teachers. “I go to a music school called Stages, and my piano teacher and my guitar teacher have professional recording equipment, and they helped me. I played the piano and they recorded that, then we went back and they layered the voice over it. It went really well.”

Lily claims she wants to go for a large-scale talent show such as The Voice and America’s Got Talent. She’s also working on new material, which she didn’t give much detail about. “I’ve been writing some, and just working on stuff… different things.”