Mr. and Miss GHS named

Allison Hager

It’s that time of the year when we honor amazing students and their clubs. Mr. and Miss GHS is right around the corner. This year’s girl candidates are Emma Christian, Brianna Boone, Ashlyn Sawyers, Ashley Eden, Sydney Bowman, Laural Romano, Jade Clyburn, McKenize Riffe, Jessica Street, Ginny Johnson, Hannah Dunn, Morgan Lee, Madison Repass, Kristen Benson, Hannah Webb, and Karson Sluss. The boy candidates are Daniel Marrs, Skylar McClure, Eric Workman, Garrett Wright, Timmy Gasperson, Andrew Brown, Andrew Clarke, Tanner Pensula, Tyler French, Miles Maney, Andrew Vance, Stephen Damon, Jack Tyson, Mason West, and Sam Shoemaker. The candidates are chosen by their fellow classmates in the club they are representing. The clubs range from Band, to FBLA, to Yearbook, and so many more.

On January 27, Graham will face off against the Bluefield Beavers at 7:30. During halftime, all the candidates will be recognized on the court. That is when they will announce Mr. And Miss GHS.

All the candidates are so nice and support each other. They have so much school spirit and they all deserve to win. “There are so many wonderful candidates representing GHS. I wish the best of luck to all the competitors” said Senior Ashley Eden. She also stated, “If I don’t win, I think Morgan Lee should win. She is so sweet and really loves the school. ”

Ashley Eden is representing Choir. She’s been in the Small Group for two years. Madison Repass represents SCA but she is in almost every club at school. They both have school spirit and support everyone at the school, especially the underdogs. “If I could change anything about Graham, it would be the recognition the lesser known clubs get. All the clubs work so hard to make Graham great, and it just seems like only a select few get acknowledged” said Eden. “I would like to say that I’m glad to be on a court with such an amazing group of girls and this experience has already been such an amazing experience” said Repass. Good luck to all the candidates, they all deserve it!

Update: Congratulations to Tyler French and Morgan Lee on winning Mr. and Miss GHS!