Tennis swings it’s way into a new season

Emily Shupe

The new season for girls’ tennis started with their first match on March 20.  With thirteen matches this season, there are only four left.  The tennis team now has a 3:5 win lose ratio.

Deanna Grossi, a sophomore, said, “Our season has been great.  We may have not done as great as we’ve wished in a few matches, but it’s been great to get to spend more time with my new friends.  We always prepare as a team, and that’s what makes tennis so enjoyable.  I’m very passionate about tennis, so I always try my best at practice to see how well I can do.  Another fun part besides the matches are the bus rides home!”

Payton Prevento, another sophomore on the tennis team, said, “Tennis is my favorite sport, and the fact that we have an amusing team makes it that much better.  There’s never a day I go without laughing, and that’s the whole point of sports is to enjoy yourself.  For example, one time I was throwing up the tennis ball and it hit me right in the face and the girl from the other team stood there laughing at me.  That caused me to laugh at myself despite how embarrassing it was.”

The girls have been having a successful year.  With only four matches left their next opponent is Virginia High School on May 1.  Let’s wish them luck and show our G-Men pride