Graham Foundation honors academic success

The Graham High School Foundation and Senator Will Morefield honored students for academic achievement at the 2018 Academic Banquet at Fincastle Country Club.

Autumn Jessee

On April 27, 2018, the Graham Foundation held its annual academic banquet. Students were recognized for academic excellence and accomplishments. The GHS Jazz band performed at the banquet with guest singer, Ms. Tinsley. Senator Will Morefield was the guest speaker at the banquet.

Students from MACC, the Model General Assembly, the Gifted Program, Skills USA, the Business Competition Teams, DECA, Humanities Challenge, the SWVCC Math Team, and the Voice of Democracy & Writer’s Society were all recognized at the banquet.  “I was recognized for being on the science MACC Team, it felt pretty good because Mrs.Mullins was bragging about the great season we had,” says sophomore Andrea Heffinger.

The Graham Foundation is an organization that helps to fund student programs at Graham High School. This year, they funded the GHS Press website. Other programs that the Graham Foundation helped fund this year include FBLA, DECA, MGA, and the Gifted Program.

All the journalists in the  GHS journalism class would like to thank the Graham Foundation for funding our website this year and allowing us to keep our school and community up to date on current news. The Graham Foundation is a wonderful organization that helps provide students with the opportunity to join and participate in many clubs and activities at Graham.