2018 Prom leaves lasting memories

2018 Prom leaves lasting memories

Abby Vaught

Prom for Graham High School was on Saturday, April 28, from 8:00 pm to 12:00 at Fincastle Country Club. Prom is an important event for some people, seeing the prom king and queen, dancing with friends, or even being there can make anyone’s day better. Prom was a night to live for! In the beginning, no one was dancing until Mrs. Brewster started the dancing. Mrs. Brewster was the life of the party! She danced by herself, with some students, and was bringing the party to life. She did her life of the party dance for the seniors leaving this year.  

The dresses, suits, shoes, and music were great. Prom can’t go on without the court. Prom king was Tyler French, prom queen was Sydney Bowman, prom prince was Izaiah Ciampanella, and prom princess was Milan Brewster. The girls were wearing their best prom dress, and the boys were wearing their best suits.

“Prom was great! I wish there was more than cookies for the food. I enjoyed dancing and seeing my friends that are going to graduate this year. It’s going to be the same way for me next year,” says Paeton Burgess. “I was going to prom this year, but I got sick. I heard that it was pretty great this year. I’m going to try to go next year and see how everything works,” says Katlyn Frost.

Some juniors decided to wait until they are seniors to go to prom to remember it more as an important event in their last year of high school. Prom is a good way for friends to meet up and have fun together. Hopefully, Mrs. Brewster will be the life of the party next prom for the graduating seniors.