Students move up on Move Up Day

Students move up on Move Up Day

Allison Hager

Another step closer to graduation happened this week. Move up day is a tradition at Graham High School.

First, we celebrated the seniors and their accomplishments. This is the time when the graduating class’ hard work pays off. Mrs. Beavers, Mr. Carr, and college representatives handed out various scholarships to the well-deserved seniors.

After the scholarships are awarded to the seniors, it’s time for the tears. The graduating seniors sung to the juniors. After everyone has sung and cried a little, the juniors will sing and say goodbye to the seniors. Once both classes have sung to each other, they will play the senior video. Now, I don’t know about you, but this part really gets to me. The senior video is a short video with pictures of the graduating class. After the underclassmen have said their farewells to the graduating class, the seniors will leave and go on their senior picnic.

As soon as they go, the underclassmen rush to get to their new seats. In the auditorium, each grade has an assigned section they seat at. On move up day, each grade moves up to the next grade section and you are officially a member of the next grade. Whether that be a senior, junior, or sophomore. “My favorite part of move up day is actually getting to go to our new spots” said senior Katie Farmer. After everybody has ran to their new seats, the principal and vice principal will hand out awards to the underclassmen.