Dinner theater draws crowd during a snow storm.

Sara Siebenhaar, Journalist

On November 27, starting at 6 PM and ending at 8, Graham’s Select Choir and Theater held an event. This event began with Select Choir singing as guests were served spaghetti, a roll, and salad, and afterwards guests had a diverse range for dessert. In order to attend and have food, guests had to pay $7; however, if someone were to just attend the show, it was $5.

The theater performed The 146 Point Flame, a dramatic play about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in 1911. According to Sara Rasnick, junior member of both contest play and choir, the contest play members helped serve the food, organize the room, and handle the guests.

Meanwhile, the Select Choir sang for the guests. Lillian Comer, junior member of Select Choir, was among the solo acts. She sang and played the guitar to “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse and “At Last” by Etta James. After solo acts, which also included Brian Fisher, Makenzie Phipps, Dymin Gray, and Marissa Harman, the Select Choir all sang together.

Select Choir first sang “Na Na Na”, by Pentatonix, “Skyfall” by Adele, and “Carol of the Bells”, version by Pentatonix. 

Though this had been announced prior to the day of, the turnout was less than expected.

Alex Horne, a freshman that played the father in the play, explained why the turnout was so small, “Considering the weather conditions, I don’t think people were very pleased, But, with theater itself people were happy. I think the school could have advertised it more. More than announce it, put up posters.”

Around 62 people came, small compared to the 150 count of last year. Although the number was lower than expected, the performances were well done and well received.