Girls JV Basketball beat the buzzer to defeat Giles

Tara Wyatt, Journalist

Graham JV Basketball G-Girls faced Giles High School on December 3 at Graham Middle School at 6 o’clock.

The JV team had a strong start for the first three quarters. Graham stayed in a zone while Giles played a man-to-man game for the majority of the game.

On the court, both teams had their fair share of arguments and smack talk. Eventually, the ref overheard what was happening and had to stop for a few seconds to let the girls know that the behavior the girls were pulling wouldn’t be tolerated.

As the game went on, the Graham girls were starting to get more aggressive, knocking girls down giving the other team a chance to get free throws which would hurt their chances of winning.

When it came to the 4th quarter, the G-Girls seemed to slow down, giving Giles girls a time to catch up by getting shots from the three point line.

Within the last five seconds of the game, Player Kassidy Austin threw down the ball to Sidney Lester at half court, then getting the pass to Tara Wyatt to get a few dribbles close to the basket, beating the buzzer just in time to make the winning shot that would be talked about all day the next day.

With Tara’s lucky shot making the final score 28-27, many Graham students and Varsity Basketball players ran down to appreciate her with the lucky shot.  “I feel like we all put forth great effort and I feel like our team has a special bind, that winning shot made me so hyped and I’m glad to be apart of our team,” said Emily Hampton.