Cheer to compete in nationals

Cheer to compete in nationals

Peyton Terry

The Graham competition cheer team is a part of the UCA Gameday Cheer Competition this season. This is the first year the G-Girls have ever attended this competition. The team attended the UCA cheer summer camp last June in Greenville, South Carolina, where they received a bid to regionals. Graham then competed in Sevierville, Tennessee, in early December for a bid to nationals. The team received a bid and will be heading to Orlando, Florida, on February 7, 2018. It will mark as the first time in Graham’s history that a team has competed in a nationals competition.

“I had so much fun at regionals in Tennessee, I’ve really enjoyed competing in UCA so far,” said sophomore Ashley Cline. She added that she can’t wait to go to Florida and compete in nationals. “There were so many people at our regions which is kind of nerve racking thinking about how many will be at the nationals,” said Cline.

“I think it’s so cool we get this opportunity to compete in a nationals,” said freshman Emma Largen. She and the team have extended their season this year in order to be apart of this new competition. “We all had such an amazing time at regionals and are really excited for this week.” she added.

The team leaves late Wednesday evening and will return Monday morning and are hoping to bring back a win.