MACC teams generate wins

MACC teams generate wins

Autumn Jessee, Reporter

Though the weather slowed the start of the 2019 MACC season, Graham High has done well at all three of the matches they have been able to play. The Science, Social Studies, and the All Around MACC teams have won all of their matches so far. The Math MACC team has won two matches and tied one match. The English MACC team has yet to win a match this season.  The All Around category has changed back to the original format, which is current events and general knowledge, rather than focusing on four topics like it did last year.

Head Coach Lee Brown said that the season so far has exceeded his expectations. While also being the head coach, Mr. Brown is the social studies and all around coach as well. He says “Even though I am head coach, all the coaches work together. Mrs. Mullins, the science coach, makes all of our announcements, Mr. Calfee, the math coach, handles transportation to our matches, and Mrs. Metcalfe, the English coach, handles updating Twitter.”

Landon Breedon, a 9th grader on the English MACC team, said that he is on English MACC team because he feels like English was his strongest subject. He commented that the reading list and questions are both very challenging. Grace Beaman, a junior, is happy to play for the Social Studies team. “I figured it would be fun and I’ve always had an interest in history and social studies.” Grace doesn’t feel like the weather has hurt the Social Studies team because they all take time to study on their own.

MACC has four more matches left in the 2019 season. All of the teams have worked extremely hard so far this season. They will keep working and moving forward during the next four matches. Hopefully, all the MACC teams will make it to the Super MACC this year.