Trustworthy teens win Student of the Month

Trey Maxwell and Ashlynn Beavers display the Student of the Month t-shirts they were awarded for being trustworthy students.

Tara Wyatt, reporter

Freshman Trey Maxwell and senior Ashlynn Beavers were named Students of the Month for March. This month’s theme was trustworthiness.  

“I can’t believe that they picked me for this, like it’s super cool,” Beavers says. “I definitely make it a priority to be trustworthy. Like, if someone tells me something, I won’t tell around. I like people to rely on me if they need something,” She is known to be a very good student in her classes. “Ashlynn is a very good student and leader in the band. We did a drive for Will Calfee and collected over $200 and is also in charge of the money for the officer who was shot. So she is very trustworthy,” said band teacher Mr. Yost. Beavers believes that there is trustworthiness around the school.

This is Maxwell’s second time winning at Student of the Month (though, not at this school) and he stated “It is nice to win student of the Month, again.”  Maxwell is also a very good student in class. “He’s a bit shy, but he is a very hard worker, caring, and definitely deserved to be the Student of the Month,” said art teacher Mrs. Cockerham. Maxwell believes that trustworthiness is being able to keep a secret and being trustable.