The Select Choir steals show with multiple performances.

The+Select+Choir+during+the+musical+intermission.+

The Select Choir during the musical intermission.

Sara Siebenhaar, Journalist

The Graham High School Select Choir has been very busy lately, with concerts taking up their schedules. They performed on April 12, April 13, May 2, May 3 and 4, May 9, and will be performing on May 20.

On April 12 they performed for the Blue Jeans and Bands at Bluefield College. Within this they sang a few songs from their Disney performance as well as “Who Lives, Who Dies” from the Hamilton soundtrack and “Skyfall.”  Junior Sydney Pennington exclaims that “Who Lives, Who Dies” is her favorite song to perform. “This shows off our individual talent, and the song itself is really nice.”

On April 13, Small Group performed as the opening act for a NYC group at United Methodist Church. This included quite the same songs but not as many, with addition to “Siah Humba”.

Afterwards, they sang on May 2 for the National Day of Prayer Service at Town Hall. Here, they sang the “National Anthem”, “America the Beautiful”, and “My Country Tis of Thee.” This service was held at noon.

Next was the theater production held on May 3 and 4. The production was The Little Mermaid, with all small group students being members of the cast! Lead roles were held by choir members, such as Lillian Comer playing Ariel. During the intermission of the performance, the select choir members sang “Who Lives, Who Dies” to promote the Spring Choir Concert coming up.

As for the Spring Choir Concert, the regular choir classes as well as small group sang. Small group hit off the concert first with their performance of “Opening Up,” from Waitress. Then the joint choirs sang  “4 Chords,” “Seasons of Love,” and “Love Runs Out.” Small group came back to perform “Galway Girl,” “Superstition,” and “Who Lives, Who Dies.” The joint choirs came back to sing “Drag Me Down,” “Gone, Gone, Gone,” and “Believer.” To finish off the show, small group sings “The Greatest Showman,” “From Now On,” and “This is Me.” The Spring Concert held donations to help Will Calfee and help fight the cause.

And the most upcoming event for small group is to sing on May 20 for the Academic Foundation where they will sing as guests enter the banquet. This is what junior Krislyn Thomas anticipates most. “I am mostly excited for the free food, but I am excited to perform otherwise.”

Lillian Comer, junior, states, “My favorite of our performances thus far has been the musical. I have always loved Ariel, and to become her was like a dream come true. I am so thankful for the opportunity.”

Anticipate other concerts from the Graham High School select choir.