G-Men conquer the Spartans

G-Men conquer the Spartans

Cole Cline, Reporter

On Friday, September 13, the varsity football team defeated the Giles Spartans with a score of 35-3. The team played a very competitive game and used their team effort to pull off the victory. Whether it be the defense making stops or Devin Lester throwing touchdowns, the G-men are looking for a positive future.

During the first quarter, The G-men jumped out to a 7 to 0 lead. The Spartans returned back with a field goal for 3 points. This would be the last points the Spartans would score for the rest of the night. During the second quarter, Graham scored again to add 7 points to the total. After halftime, the G-men scored a total of 21 points to bring the end of the game to a 35-3 win.

The team has a positive outlook for the rest of the season. With our state championship just last year, the football team is hungry for another title.  “I believe we have the ability to really be explosive and put it to some teams,” says Aaron Edwards. The team has been gaining more experience and playing better every game.

“The pep section helps hype us up,” says Nick Kastner (12). The student section has performed many themes for the football games to help give the players more motivation and to make the game more exciting. “We hype them up and get everyone, including the crowd, involved in the game,” Frankie Wilkinson (12). The pep section theme for the game was a blackout. Everyone dressed in black outfits and wore ski masks to match the theme.

“We are all friends, our team chemistry is there, we are all one unit,” says Aaron Edwards (12). The team has been through it all, trials and tribulations, but them still shine through the darkness. “This should be our year, again,” said Nick Kastner (12).